Above all else we pride ourselves on the care we offer. Everyone who works here shares that sense of pride in providing the best care available and making people feel valued, even special.
You won’t find a stereotype of a care worker here. Audley is about human beings carrying out care duties to a high standard. You must have the appropriate skills, aptitude and attitude; all human qualities that distinguish you as an Audley personal assistant.
Do you have these Audley Care qualities?
- Professionalism and good manners. Our personal assistants feel honoured that people enjoy their support. We never forget that customers have choices, so our professionalism helps make us better than the rest
- Respect for dignity. Do you respect peoples' beliefs, customs and habits and naturally address them formally and with due courtesy?
- Insight. Do you understand that everyone is different, has different needs and prefers to have things done their own special way?
- Diligence, punctuality and productivity. Are you always on time, able to follow detailed care plans, honour promises, arrangements and commitments and provide the care required to enhance another person's life?
- Empathy. Are you able to relate to a person who may be sixty years older than you? Do you fully understand your team and offer support when needed?
Audley requires a minimum of Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
People who like people
The people who work at Audley Care are all different and come from all backgrounds. They may be older care workers who come to the job later in life, people with families who are used to looking after others or school-leavers who can empathise with a person four times their age. What they have in common is a genuine passion, determination and a sense of pride in what they do.
We can offer you:
- An attractive salary
- Free induction training at the Audley Academy (in line with Skills for Care, Common Induction Standards)
- Ongoing training at the Audley Academy to develop your career (and keep your training certificates up to date)
- Free DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and free uniform
- Simply Health – Healthcare Cash Plan
- Flexibility to balance your work with the needs of your personal life
- A job where no two days are the same
- A career where you know your work is making a real difference.
Training and the Audley Academy
As soon as you join Audley Care, we enrol you in the Audley Academy, where you will begin your training and development. You will be taught by either fully qualified trainers or people working towards professional recognition.
From your induction and throughout your career with us, your trainers will support you closely and guide your progress through the ranks (with your pay matching your commitment and achievement) until one day you could be a manager.
The Academy’s responsibility is to take you on a learning journey, giving you every chance and every encouragement to be the best you can possibly be.
Be recognised for work that matters to you
Uniquely, our training centre is fully accredited by Ascentis, our awarding body. That makes it possible for you to gain a highly respected education in the areas you care about and the subjects that genuinely interest you – which may not have been your experience at school or college.
The Academy is committed to becoming the premium senior living provider, offering a combined syllabus of luxury hospitality and quality care. This ensures that as an employee, you'll be one of the very best in the business.
Funding your future
We have recently secured funding from the National Employment Service to assist in the completion of NVQ qualifications. We also have a national contract with Skills for Care and its Training Strategy Implementation Funding.
That means we can fully support you if you want to undertake additional outside training. We know a company is only as good as its people and if you want to make yourself better, it makes us better too.